I am a pumpkin lover. My favourite is pumpkin soup. Either sage or thyme adds complementary favour to the soup. Pumpkin chicken rice is easy and heavenly good. Autumn and winter is pumpkin season. How can a hearty pumpkin tart be missed out? The spices make it superb. Oh, the chocolate hearts recall sweet memories.
A sweet pastry tart base
340g pumpkin puree 56g brown sugar
1 teaspoon ginger powder 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon clove powder 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
170g unsweetened evaporated milk Chocolate Chips
- In a big bowl, mix all your filling ingredients except the chocolate chips, till nicely combined
- Pour the filing to the tart base
- Place the chocolate chips on top and assemble heart shapes
- Bake the tart for about 40-50 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for a couple of hours or up to a day before serving.